Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fool's Day

Do you know the origin of April Fool's Day?



As it was called years ago. All Fool's day is observed in many countries around the world.

The origin of April Fool's Day remain clouded in obscurity.But what is clear is that the tradition of a day devoted to foolery had ancient roots. As we look back in time, many ancient predecessors of April Fool's Day are found.



I used to think that it is a western celebration. But today I notice that seldom people make jokes with each other. I remember that when I was in high school. April Fool's Day was really funny.



We played jokes a lot in that day. Last year, I remember, one of my friend told me that Math teacher was finding me. So I rushed to my teachers office to see if there was something important. But when I arrived, my teacher looked me and said "they were playing jokes, you are not the first one" So embarrassed! Some of them make "cookies"too. They put Colgate in the middle of two cookies and said they are delicious. But when people ate it, I could see their red faces. We enjoyed ourselves that day.



What a interesting festival!

No comments: